Clear is seeking a highly motivated and experienced leader with broad operations experience across HR, finance, legal, technology development, and service operations to large Global 2000 clients. A successful candidate will have held a variety of different roles in operations establishing a broad skill base necessary in a fast growing company.
The COO is a key member of the executive team of this rapidly growing company. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this is an exciting and challenging role for an incumbent operations leader who is willing to grow with the company. As Clear expands its leadership position in advanced automation technologies, through both organic growth and strategic acquisitions, a diverse set of needs will need to be filled. This role is far more than leading the back office. It is perfect for an innovative business partner that can support and scale business processes and systems, coupled with broad commercial and financial acumen to meet the needs of Clear’s growth.
In addition to ensuring that the company’s operations are conducted in an effective and efficient way, the COO will provide industry thought leadership and executional capability regarding business operations, sales support, partner management, commercial (including contract negotiation), acquisition assessment and integration, all in an increasingly complex business environment. The successful candidate should be very comfortable with ambiguity, highly accountable, and be a self-starter recognizing and fulfilling current and future needs.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the CEO and leadership team to create and implement the business’ strategy.
- Provide pre-sales support in solution development, commercial structures and pricing, and initial response relating to business terms for sales pursuits.
- Deliver commercial oversight and negotiations support including leading the drafting contracts for suppliers and clients, considering issues such as intellectual property protection, limitations of liability and related business terms and interface with external counsel as needed.
- Lead key relationships with strategic business support partners for finance, HR, legal and delivery services.
- Ensure reliable and resilient corporate capabilities to facilitate and support the organization in the deployment and delivery of services to our clients.
- Build corporate policies and practices to support growth, including leveraging outsourcing strategies to provide the maximum operating leverage to the business.
- Conduct comprehensive yet focused due diligence on potential acquisitions and service or marketing partners as required.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance across the business.
- Through strategic providers, ensure highly capable HR support, including compensation plan design and administration, payroll, performance management and development, and in particular talent acquisition to meet the business’ growing people requirements.
- Ensure financial integrity in the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors in partnership with the Chief Executive Officer
- Anticipate and be responsive to the needs of the field delivery, sales, and marketing teams
- Anticipate and fulfill other duties common to a hyper growth business
- Holds self and others accountable to commitments. Determines objectives, sets priorities and where appropriate delegates work.
- Strong orientation to customer service (external and internal), with a commitment to quality, and manages delivery performance and customer expectations to alignment and customer delight
- Displays the highest standards of ethical conduct. Can be trusted and is transparent with regard to any issues having the confidence to address potential issues with authentic courage.
- High EQ showing understanding, courtesy, tact and empathy to effectively manage relationships across a diverse spectrum of personalities. Is effective in presenting their perspective and inspiring alignment and “follow ship” to recommendations.
- Identifies problems early, does a disciplined root cause analysis, uses sound judgment to determine alternatives and implement resolutions.
- Is a prudent steward of the company’s resources and effectively manages risk. Acts in ways that sustain and grow the business.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing, adjusting styles to the topic and/or audience. Is a proactive listener actively engaging with others.
- With an orientation to action, makes well considered decisions, even in uncertain situations.
- Is a self-starter, identifying needs proactively, communicating with the leadership team and ensuring quarterly business goals are attained.
- Strong written, oral and presentation skills
- An undergraduate degree is required. Preferred focus in Business, Engineering, Technology or Finance.
- A graduate degree in business or a relevant field is a plus.
- Relevant experience of 10+ years is required.
- Experience in a high growth company, with a track record of scaling and upgrading a company’s operational policies, procedures and capabilities while maintaining the appropriate levels of transparency and risk management.
- Strategic thinker with a broad base of domestic and international business and commercial experience with deep and rapid analytical ability, superb business judgment and a strong operational understanding of a technology-oriented product and services business.
- Professional certifications in finance, law, accounting, process improvement, technology development, product management, and operations are a plus.